Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Recent Interview with → JaySkyy ←

Q: What’s up?
A: Chilling sweets, trying to make it. You good? [[I'm great :) As long as we both making moves to better ourselves]]

Q: As a rapper what do you feel like you can bring to the table in the rap game?
A: As a rapper I feel like I have it all. I could make a song about the struggles of life then turn around and make you wanna party. Basically what i'm saying is I can do it all.

Q: Do you believe Hip Hop is dead or once was? If so, why? And how do you feel as though it was is resurrected?
A: Hip-Hop never died in my eyes, it's just been waiting for that next big name to pull it foward.

Q: What motivates you? And/or → Why do you rap?'
A: My motivation would honestly have to be my family. There's no better support out there besides that awesome support from the haters.

Q: What do you think makes a rapper “great”?
A: Easy..In my eyes a rapper is only great if what he is doing is really him/her. Most rappers seem to pretend in their lyrics. Being yourself will take you far.

Q: Your top five favorite rappers are…? Why?
A: 1. Andre 3000 would have to be my favorite because I really feel what he has to say. 2. Lil Wayne is just a person I grew up listening to. A top five isn't a top five without him. FREE WAYNE 3. Tupac, I mean what else do I have to say. "Musical Genius" as dude off of Coming to America would say. 4. Jay-z has had the lyrics from day one of his career. I find myself listening to the Jay-z from back in the G more though. 5. Rick Ross is a rapper that I feel has so much potential, plus all of his albums have been classics.

Q: If you could collab with anyone right now who would it be?
A: If I could collab with anyone right now in the rap game it would have to be Wiz, simply because we both have similar interest.*Wink Wink*

Q: There are many types of rap from gangsta to old school, from west- to east-coast. Do you see yourself stagnant in one stream of rap or are you branched out?
A: I feel as if i'm not a rapper but an artist, and artists' paints their feelings on a canvas. Lets just say the beat is my canvas.

Q: What are some words that describe you and your music?
A: Real, Cool, Motivating, and Humble.

Q: Do you prefer to freestyle or write?
A: Honestly I just started back writing a good month ago. I went on a freestyle streak for a good two years. I normally freestyle and just write what I remember down and go from there.

Q: What is a normal day like for you?
A: A normal day for me consist of beats, rillos (lol), and chilling with people close to me.

Q: What does it feel like to perform in front of a nice sized crowd?
A: When you're on that stage in front of a nice sized crowd all the focus is on you, its a make it or break it type of moment and I love that s**t. I love looking around to see how the people respond to my music, Good or Bad. I'll only go harder.

Q: What has the most influence over what you talk about in your songs?
A: I rap about things that I've been through, that way it is as real as possible.

Q: What are some words of encouragement you would say to anyone else trying to make a come-up in the rap-game?
A: I would have to say that if you really want it then get it, the only person stopping you is you. Go hard at what you do, and be sure to stay true.

Q: What can we be looking out from you in the near future? Mixtapes, singles, videos?
A: Be looking out for my new Mixtape/Album that doesn't have a name as of now but will be completed end of July or early August. I'll also be dropping numerous videos for the time being.

J.Skyy