Saturday, December 3, 2011

DECEMBER Artist of the Month - Toon Troop .recording artist.


Toon Troop a musician from Vicksburg, MS currently living in Atlanta, GA states "I’ve been doing music since I was 8 years old and started in the church choir. At the age of 14 I was asked to join the Mississippi Boys Choir which took me all over the world singing.

 I started writing my own songs during my freshman year of college and started recording songs my sophomore year with the group So.Co (Pell and LV) 
and released 2 mixtapes. I picked up the stage name Troop from my grandparents last name Troupe and just added the Toon to the front because I like watching cartoons - Dragon Ball Z is the shiz. After the second mixtape release under the name So.Co. , the 3 member group, split for each member to grow and go solo. I just released my first solo LP titled “Mind Of A Toon” this past thanksgiving. 
I feel timing is everything so expect a mixtape from me yearly on thanksgiving. Some of my main musical influences are Drake, Lil Wayne, Short Dawg, T-pain, and Travis Porter. I’ve broadened my musical horizons since finishing my past mixtape so expect better and greater music from me in the future. 


Follow @ToonTroop on Twitter !


Follow @TC_TFG_Producer for beatz !

J.Skyy